Family March 2017

Family March 2017

Friday, December 11, 2015

Highlights of 2015- Camping Trip to Fish Lake


With all the chaos of completing my school, moving to Oregon, starting work and general busyness, our family didn't go camping for a couple summers.  We were determined to go this summer, though there ended up only being one free weekend.  Brandon had to work the first day, but he drove out the next day to join us.


This was the first trip that Danielle remembered camping, and she probably loved it more than all of the rest of us combined.


Nathan and the kids attempted to fish, but the drought has taken its toll on the water level and they didn't even get a nibble.


Still, our campsite was beautiful, and we got to hike a beautiful trail between Fish Lake and Lake of the woods.





We had a nice view of Mt. McLoughlin that Nathan and I hiked with the 4th year girls this summer.  We also had a nice view of volcanic rock interspersed with forest.



The best part of trip was the last night when we told stories around the campfire.  I didn't realize what an impact Nathan's nightly storytelling has had on our kids until I heard what great storytellers they are.  Even more, they love telling stories together.


Camping was always so much harder with toddlers and babies.  This was MY most relaxing camping trip.  This kids were all a huge help and pretty much self-reliant.





I'm so glad that we carved out time to make these memories.  Next summer I hope we can go more than once, but we will not miss camping for sure!  I'm so grateful for my wonderful family!


1 comment:

  1. My family and I are quite new to camping and decided to give it a try after becoming increasing frustrated at how technology was taking over our lives. I can honestly say, we haven't looked back. The great outdoors has brought us together again. We had no choice but communicate face-to-face and integrate as a family.

    Andrea Wilkins @ Getaway Outdoors

    ReplyDelete