Family March 2017

Family March 2017

Friday, October 4, 2013

My dad's funeral


My mom's 60th birthday was the day before my dad's funeral.  We had a lot of family show up for the "celebration."  The kids had a great time playing together, and it was nice to reconnect with family, even under the circumstances.


How are they growing up so quickly?


Garrett and I pushed swings for quite some time.


We barbequed sausages and had a huge spread of food that everyone contributed.  The weather was nice for July.  My mom was named Julie, because she was the third daughter born in July.


I was glad that my mom's sister and sister-in-law were there to give her support.


I saw people step in to the role that my dad would have taken.


It was a great comfort to see my Uncle Wes, because he reminds me so much of my dad.


The funeral itself was absolutely perfect.  There was a huge crowd who came out for it.  They set up enough extra seats for 800 people, and they still had to set up 5 more rows for the overflow.


I loved seeing my Grandma Teddy.  I'm sure she never expected to attend this funeral of her step-son.


I am thankful for my own dear, sweet family.  They were and are a huge comfort to me.


This was the hardest part for me.


I still loved seeing the cousins together.  They reaquainted themselves this summer.







Somehow time passes.  My mom came to visit for her first time last weekend.  It was very peaceful and restful for all of us.  I am grateful for both my parents.  I had to write a narrative this weekend for my Life Span class about my early childhood years, and I recognized that I am who I am today, because of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment