Family March 2017

Family March 2017

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Introducing Klamath Falls


 Nathan and I traveled out to Klamath Falls, Oregon in the beginning of December for him to interview for the City Manager position.  I took these pictures to bring back to the kids, still unsure if this would be our new home.  He was selected, and now these are pictures of our future home.  I am still a little in shock.

Klamath has quite a bit of topography.  Some of the neighborhood streets were designed by the same person who designed the streets of San Francisco.  They have some amazing views of the Klamath Lake and Lake Euwana.  When it isn't raining, you can also see Mt. Shasta. 


The area is not typical of Oregon landscape.  It is drier and high altitude, so there are pine trees and a variety of shrubs and grasses.  There are also scrub oaks.  I think it is just beautiful.  We also saw quite a few deer, like Alamosa.


I visited one of the high schools.  It is extremely old, but the schools are ranked quite high.


The weather was pretty cold the first couple of days we were there, but when the sun came our our third day, it was nice and beautiful.


I especially love the water that is nearby.  I have missed having lakes by us.  We will be close to Crater Lake, Medford (where there is a temple), family, the ocean, and our old home in Redding.  Still, it is more isolated from other places, and there is a nice sense of community in Klamath.  It reminds me of all the things we love about Alamosa. 


I feel mixed emotions about closing the Alamosa chapter of our lives and moving on to Klamath.  The hardest part of leaving is saying goodbye to so many friends.  We will miss a lot of people.  It will be lonely for all of us at first, and a challenge.  We will leave part of our hearts here in Alamosa.  Still, I am sure that we will also love Klamath Falls.

3 comments:

  1. I was looking at realty in Klamath and also saw that many of the houses were built on hills and many of them were heated geothermally. Many were also very old -- built in the 1920's and '30s. We are very excited to have you guys be so close to us! I know it will be hard to leave all of your friends in Alamosa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the hardest things we've done as a family was leave Alamosa. One of the greatest blessings in our family has been Walden & how God is using us here. Many prayers for you guys as you prepare & adjust. Your family will be an amazing blessing to Klamath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for me that you will be so close by, but know how hard it must be to leave a place so close to your hearts. I am sure the Lord has special blessings and responsibilities planned for you in Klamath Falls.

    ReplyDelete