Family March 2017

Family March 2017

Saturday, September 25, 2010

One Fine Day

This morning Danielle woke up at 6:01 am. After I fed her Nathan started to get up to take her out of our room, so I could sleep in. But this was one of those mornings when I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway, and I felt bad because Nathan let me get more sleep the last couple of mornings. I told him to go back to sleep, and I went out to the quiet of the morning. I was treated to quite a view.


This was the very first Saturday since Danielle was born that I didn't have a single commitment (if you don't count General Women's Broadcast). It was such a rare and fresh experience to wake up in a morning not knowing what I would do that day.

The past couple of months have been a whirlwind of busyness, including:

embarking on yet another cub scout journey...

throwing a baby shower for my friend:


a trip to Colorado Springs to celebrate memorizing The Living Christ as a family:


my first girl's Birthday party....wow girls are so much more fun to host a party for....I'm glad I didn't know what I was missing before....


teaching my nearly 7 month old to sit up by herself....(she still doesn't roll over)...

not to mention throwing a dinner party for all the City Department Heads to celebrate building a new City Hall/Library Complex, and starting an Orthodontia adventure.

Phewwwwww.........................................

It was a delight, this morning, to make french toast for a leisurely breakfast. I went back to bed when Danielle took her first nap and then later threw in a load of laundry. After lunch, I spontaneously sent Nathan and the boys off to the Adam's State football game, and Nicole and I surprised them by cleaning the bathrooms for them on their day.

Then during Danielle's nap I got to work on her baby scrapbook while the kids watched a movie. Brandon got home early from her overnight scout trip, full of stories and anecdotes to share. Finally, I was privileged to listen to President Monson tonight.


What a perfect ending to my day.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a really great day! And i know what you mean about your 7 month old. Catcher will be 7 months old in about a week and he only rolls from his tummy to his back but never the other way which drives me nuts because he's a tummy sleeper and wakes himself up rolling over but won't roll back! It would be nice if he could sit up by himself though...still working on that one too :) Your family is adorable and you are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Saturday was great, too. I went to the Candy Dance, then browsing shopping at my favorite stores for almost 4 hours, then in the evening to the RS Broadcast then a fantastic dinner afterwards with good friends.

    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete